Thursday 3 October 2013

resoled and ready for road...

I consider myself to be a pretty easy going person. I go about my day to day business with a smile on my face and I'm always pretty thankful for all the wonderful things around me but I am human and some little things do irritate me. One of these stems from my love of shoes and other peoples lack of love for their shoes.

I bought a pair of ankle boots on ebay last summer and it's fair to say I am a little in love with them. I wore them in Spain with cute summer dresses, at Christmas with tights and skirts, in Vietnam with shorts and vests and in Australia for work, weekends and every day in between.


A while back I noticed the heels were getting a little worn down so I took them to the cobblers. Yes people, this is where you take shoes that are in need of some TLC. There is no excuse for worn down heels and when it gets to the stage that you are walking on a nail that a long time ago used to be covered up, you really should be ashamed of yourself. The cobbler had a look and told me he could fix them easily and he said the sole was also a little worn so I told him to redo that too. Now I will admit that the cost of resoling the boots was more then I had paid for them on ebay and some might think that is crazy but I love these little boots and I don't plan on parting with them anytime soon. Plus when I had a look in the shops and online I didn't see anything that took my eye for a price I was willing to pay. Well I got them back and I have to say I was thrilled with the results. He had even gently brushed the suede so they looked all brand new.

The point I'm trying to make is if you have some shoes that you love, look after them. When the heels start to wear down, before they reach the stage of no return, take them to the cobblers. He will bring them straight back to life and you can make many more memories in your beloved footwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment