Tuesday 15 October 2013

loving lippy...

I've always loved the idea of lipstick and loved it on everybody else but I was a little shy about wearing it myself. I've dabbled in lipstick wearing for nights out before but would generally apply it once and then go back to my old faithful burt's bees for the rest of the night but I've recently changed and am now loving lippy.


I've decided that for me three good lipsticks is probably enough to keep me going. I know some people will have loads of different shades and colours but as I'm living away from home and trying to keep luggage to a minimum (I know, how much can a lipstick weigh right?) I've narrowed it down to three essential colours.

The first and probably most essential lipstick is my red lippy. No woman should be without a red lipstick. I know a red lipstick may seem a bit daring and you might think that there is no possible way you can pull off a red lipstick but honestly there is a red for everyone. You just need to find that perfect shade for you. The lipstick I found and loved was Rimmel Diva Red lipstick. There is also a lipliner called red diva from Rimmel that works perfectly with this lipstick. I have worn this lipstick loads at christmas time and for a few weddings and it works just a well with jeans and a shirt too for a fun playful look.



The second lipstick I found was a deep plum colour. I've always loved the look of a dark lipstick. I think it looks so sophisticated and chic when worn correctly. I had tried on a few different shades and colours but then I found this topshop lipstick in inhibition and really loved it. This lipstick also has great staying power and lasts for hours. It is dark but worn with neutral eyes and a slick of mascara looks amazing.



The third lipstick I have found is a very recent discovery. I actually got it free as a promotion when I bought some other products and when I saw the colour on the outside was sure it would be something I would try on and then probably never wear again but oh how wrong I was. Rimmel, Kate Moss shade 103. I love this lipstick. It is the perfect colour for everyday use. It looks great for work and play and works for casual as well as dressy. The lipstick feels great on and I love the matte effect. I've just discovered that this colour isn't available in Ireland or England but I believe shade 105 is pretty close to it so I may just have to stock up before I leave Australia.



Perfect that pout ladies and give it some glamour with some new lippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment