Saturday 19 October 2013

choco banana toasties...

I love toasties. They are always a massive winner with me. I remember when we were young and I'd come home from horse-riding and it would be so cold in the winter and toasties would always hit the spot and warm my fingers too.


I'm a sucker for a ham, cheese and mushroom toasty as I love mushrooms with everything. Sometimes it's a struggle for me not eat them all raw before I even manage to cook them.

I also love any toasty with leftover turkey or chicken, add some cheese and onion, maybe a few mushys too. mmmmm yummy. Toasties are such a great way to use up all those odds and ends in the fridge too which is another one of my favourite things to do. Clean out the fridge and slap it all between two slices of bread. Delicious.

I've tried a variety of toasty combinations but all were savoury until I discovered this little gem. Great as a breakfast toasty, or a kind of healthy snack too.

Choco Banana Toasties


Ingredients:
4 slices of bread
1 Banana, cut into slices
Nutella

This one probably doesnt need any instructions but here we go, make a banana and nutella sandwich and toast until golden and gooey. Leave to cool for a moment or so as the nutella can get very hot and you don't want a burnt mouth. Nothing worse.

Cut up and enjoy. Yummy. Perfect with a mug of hot chocolate on a cold winters night snuggled up watching a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment