Thursday 28 November 2013

va va voom velvet...

Velvet is something that we didn't see for quite a few years but seems to be making a regular comeback for the last few Autumn/Winters. Nothing says luxury like a beautiful velvet dress on a cold winters evening. I'm missing out this Christmas as I'm in Australia so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that velvet is still big in 2014 too.

Here are few velvet pieces I have bought and a few more I could definitely see me parting with my pennies for.


I love this little skater style dress. It is super comfy and has little dots of glitter all over it. The three quarter length sleeves work great for winter too. It looks fab with black tights and black heels. I have gotten heaps of wear from this dress already.


Everyone needs some black pumps so why not make them velvet too.


Berry shades are big this year and this burgundy velvet dress is just perfect for a night out on the town. Paired with black tights and boots and a black leather jacket this is a super chic outfit with a bit of edge too.


You can't have black pumps without getting a matching pair in navy too.


This dress oozes sophistication. It is a simple silhouette that lets the velvet speak for itself. I got this as a gift last Christmas and lived in it.


I really am not a leggings type of person but I just couldn't leave these behind. I love black velvet because it really is the darkest black you can find and wont lose it's colour. Leggings and a loose shirt with some heels and statement jewellery work great for a festive get together.


I need this dress...


I think some velvet boots will be next on my wish list. I would give a great home to any of these.




No comments:

Post a Comment