Wednesday 20 November 2013

cheeky chicken and leek bake...

I've always been a huge fan of a great bake. There is something so comforting about a delicious bake and I just love serving one up in my Emma Bridgewater baker and leaving everyone dig in and help themselves. It's such a great way to use leftovers aswell and transform them into something new and delicious.

This is one that I cook over and over again and I've never had anyone not want to go back for seconds. It is so delicious and really great on cold winter evenings served up with some baby potatoes and green beans, or just as nice in the summer with some fresh salad.

Ingredients
1 tbsp oil
4 chicken breasts, diced
2 leeks, washed and sliced
25g butter
2tbsp plain flour
300ml semi-skimmed milk
125g Cheddar cheese, grated
mushrooms, optional, I just can never have too many mushrooms.

1. Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the leeks and cooks for a further 10 minutes while covered.
3. Meanwhile in a small saucepan melt the butter and add the flour. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
4. Take the saucepan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk, bring to the boil until thickened, then season and add half the cheese. Stir until melted.
5. Place the chicken in an ovenproof baking dish and pour over the cheese sauce.
6. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese (at this point I usually decide I need more cheese) and place under a preheated grill until all the cheese is golden and bubbling.


My mouth is watering just thinking about this. You must try it, I'm almost certain you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment