Wednesday 27 November 2013

bottle top top ideas...

I recently saw this picture below and ever since I have been determined to create this look. The floor was made by laying bottle tops down like tiles and grouting and sealing them. I need to have this is my house, that is when I get a house...


Determined as I am I have already started my bottle top collection. I thought if I'm going to have a bottle top floor I may aswell have one that has bottle tops from all around the world and ones that will remind me of certain events and parties too. Billy thinks I'm slightly crazy but he has been very good and when we were recently in the country I could usually hear him coming before I saw him as his pockets were rarely without a collection of bottle tops. My brother who works in a bar here in Melbourne has also agreed to help me on my quest, although I don't think he knows yet that he will be carrying most of them back to Ireland with him in December.


I also really love this look. It's amazing how different colour tops can create different looks.


This would be a good alternative to a floor covered in pennys which is also another idea I have seen and really like. Victoria Bitter bottle caps would be perfect for this one.


I'm looking forward to watching my collection grow and even more looking forward to seeing the floor come to life although I know this is a way off yet... must be patient....

No comments:

Post a Comment