Tuesday 12 November 2013

back to black...


Every year I make the crazy claim that I'm going to wear less black. Who am I kidding? I can't get enough of black as soon as winter sets in, yes yes I wear black in the summer too. Black looks super sleek and I love the different effects you can get by layering different fabrics together. There is such a variety out there that black doesn't have to be dull or boring at all. My motto is if you can wear black tights with it then it's good to go.


Here are a few black essentials that every lady should have in her wardrobe:


A black pair of jeans is a must. Look after them too and wash them with suitable detergent to keep them staying nice and dark.


I love black tights, with heels and a cute black dress, or with converse and some denim shorts you just can't go wrong with black tights. I like mine to be at least 100 Denier. The darker the better and you can even get nice cosy thermal tights to keep you extra warm through the winter months too.


A black jacket is a wardrobe staple. Invest in a classic shape and have it dry cleaned after each winter and stored away properly and it will last you for years.


Some classic black heels work well with any outfit, paired with jeans and a sheer shirt or tights and a dress you really can't go wrong. Again invest in a good pair and remember to have them re-heeled and resoled and they will really go the distance with you.


Black nail polish comes and goes but for the last few years it has been big on the scene. Previously it was seen to be a little grundgy but now it is as chic as ever. Update your black manicure with some mattifying polish for that super sleek look.

Don't worry I'm definitely not forgetting the most important item of your winter wardrobe but I think the LBD needs a whole post of it's own so stay posted. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment