Thursday 12 December 2013

car engine cooking...

About two years ago Sazzle and I were going on a road trip to the circus. Sazzle was driving and I was to be her co driver. She even prepared some light reading for the journey which included instructions and ideas for cooking food on a car engine.


Unfortunately the journey we were making wasn't really long enough to cook a pork tenderloin (although if you include all the time we spent lost, tearing around country lanes we probably would have managed some sausages), but I have always said someday I would get around to trying this car engine cooking. I'm now almost ready to hop on a plane and head to New Zealand so I decided to revisit this plan as we will be spending a week travelling in a campervan.


I'm not too sure if I'd be brave enough to try some chicken or pork but maybe a piece of steak or some roasted veggies might be good. Something that we're less likely to get food poisoning from if it's not cooked 100% through. The concept is pretty easy. At least three layers of tin foil and make sure everything is wrapped up good and tight. Then make sure the food parcel is put on the hottest part of the engine to ensure you get the best out of your drive. You need to make sure the parcel is really secure aswell as you don't want it moving about once you start driving.


Maybe I'm taking on too much here and we might just stick to beans and two minute noodles after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment